From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Require OpenPGP signatures from existing devs on new developer applications?
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 20:53:39
1 On 01/04/2017 09:46 PM, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 18:58:26 +0100 Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
5 >> Endnotes:
6 >>
7 >> [A] Possibly with an opt-out by application to council, in case there
8 >> are certain regions where this is considered non-feasable etc.
11 > This will be next to impossible for many candidates. What about
12 > people who don't have Gentoo devs nearby? They have to flight
13 > (probably to some event) to meet them. What if this is too
14 > expensive for them, or they can't leave their country due to
15 > various reasons, or they just don't have time slot to visit
16 > particular event?
17
18 This would be Note A, to allow for consideration on a per-case basis
21 > Frankly, with such requirement I could not have become developer
22 > myself back then in 2014.
23 >
24 > And what about anonymous developers? We do have them and in modern
25 > world people may have good reasons to stay anonymous. Just reminds
26 > me about US braindead law allowing company to own all code written
27 > by dev, while he/she is employed, even when that code was written
28 > using during off-duty hours or vacation days.
29
30 Anonymous developers cause issues in other aspects as well, including
31 copyright considerations. I'm not convinced it is necessarily a good
32 thing to support it to a great extent.
35 > Best regards,
36 > Andrew Savchenko
41 Kristian Fiskerstrand
42 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
43 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3