From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] How to reactivate after inactive_proxied_maintainer?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 07:09:00
1 On 4/17/20 10:10 PM, Oliver Freyermuth wrote:
2 > Hi together,
3 >
4 > I've sadly kept a version bump request without updates for some months
5 > (I was actively working with upstream to fix bugs breaking packaging for all distros after a change of buildsystem...).
6 > Sadly I did not communicate that on the Gentoo bug report, so my proxy maintainer bug is now marked as blocking the dreaded inactive_proxied_maintainer issue.
7 >
8 > In the meantime, a new "packageable" version was released, I've updated sys-cluster/charliecloud and the bug is closed.
9 >
10 > I've learned my lesson and in the future, will ensure to communicate early on Bugzilla if there is a strong reason a bump is held up
11 > (I was still faster than almost all other distros, though :-) ).
12 >
13 > My question is: How do I rid myself of the inactive_proxied_maintainer "state" on Bugzilla?
14 > Is this done automatically after a while, after a manual review, or should I (am I allowed to) remove the "blocker" bug link from my maintainer bug myself?
15 >
16 > I'm just asking to prevent extra human work in case an automatism triggers retirement and package reassignment,
17 > forcing me to reapply to become a proxy maintainer again, creating extra work for the proxy maintainer project.
18 >
19 > Cheers and a nice weekend to everybody,
20 > Oliver
21 >
22 Hey,
23
24 the proxy-maint bugs are *mostly* automated. However the tracker is used
25 because it's easier to check status on those who have been added there
26 without needing to go through *every* people.
27
28 Basically if you have multiple bugs open for packages you maintain and
29 you haven't responded / fixed them in a long time, it's a sort of a sign
30 of inactivity. I know some people are active contributing through Github
31 even if their last login to bugzilla was +6 months ago, but bugzilla is
32 still the most important site regarding your packages. Some bugs are
33 fixed, but not closed. Others have been ignored for months/years.
34
35 So please, keep good care of your packages and remember to keep bugzilla
36 clean on your behalf as well.
37
38 To answer your question: If you know you are active again, you can
39 remove yourself from the tracker. I'm gonna check it at least weekly
40 from now on, too.
43 -- juippis