From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Packages up for grabs
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 19:11:21
1 On 03/05/17 21:43, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > The following packages are up for grabs:
5 >
6 > net-im/psi
7 > net-im/psimedia
8 > net-p2p/eiskaltdcpp
9 > net-p2p/torrentinfo
10 > www-misc/fcgiwrap
11 > x11-apps/radeontop
12 >
13 > --
14 > gokturk
17 Hello Gokturk,
18
19 I'd made (5) attemps at becoming a gentoo dev. The dev working with me,
20 always drop out of support because of backchannel (dev) issues. Mainly,
21 I hate IRC and a strong (vehement) gentoo user that believes the lack
22 of an automated intstall for basic gentoo (default) amd/intel installs
23 is a source of great ridicule for gentoo. Particularly from the hundreds
24 of college age kids I try to recruit to gentoo.
25
26 That said, if YOU are will to be my mentor, I take radeontop,
27 as I have many old systems with ATI/radeon cards, including fanless
28 R600 cards.
29
30 Is torrentinfo look inactive/dead? If it is useful and folks are still
31 using it, I'll take that too, although I'll have to set up a torrent
32 system, if nobody else is interested in this one.
33
34 PS, where is the latest draft of the devmanual and related documents,
35 related to EAPI-6.
36
37 I thought this list was dead. It be nice if proxy folks posted here for
38 easy reading of common issues proxy maint folks encounter.
41 James