From: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>
To: james <garftd@×××××××.net>, gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Packages up for grabs
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 20:08:08
2 Hash: SHA512
3
4 Hi,
5
6 james:
7 > On 03/05/17 21:43, Gokturk Yuksek wrote:
8 >> Hi,
9 >>
10 >> The following packages are up for grabs:
11 >>
12 >> net-im/psi net-im/psimedia net-p2p/eiskaltdcpp
13 >> net-p2p/torrentinfo www-misc/fcgiwrap x11-apps/radeontop
14 >>
15 >> -- gokturk
18 > Hello Gokturk,
19 >
20 > I'd made (5) attemps at becoming a gentoo dev. The dev working with
21 > me, always drop out of support because of backchannel (dev) issues.
22 > Mainly, I hate IRC and a strong (vehement) gentoo user that
23 > believes the lack
24 IRC is not a requirement for working with proxy-maint. It's only
25 encouraged. I'm fine with most other communication mediums in this
26 context.
27
28 > of an automated intstall for basic gentoo (default) amd/intel
29 > installs is a source of great ridicule for gentoo. Particularly
30 > from the hundreds of college age kids I try to recruit to gentoo.
31 >
32 > That said, if YOU are will to be my mentor, I take radeontop, as I
33 > have many old systems with ATI/radeon cards, including fanless R600
34 > cards.
35 >
36 I am currently mentoring someone else and my schedule wouldn't allow a
37 second person. That being said, I would be happy to be your primary
38 point of contact and support if you are willing to maintain radeontop.
39 I think this is a better approach than just reading bunch of docs and
40 trying to "wing it" with the recruitment application.
41
42 > Is torrentinfo look inactive/dead? If it is useful and folks are
43 > still using it, I'll take that too, although I'll have to set up a
44 > torrent system, if nobody else is interested in this one.
45 Unfortunately, I've assigned that package to another
46 proxied-maintainer this morning per his maintainership request.
49 > PS, where is the latest draft of the devmanual and related
50 > documents, related to EAPI-6.
51 Between proxy-maint, mentors, gentoostats, GSoC, graduate school and
52 real life issues, devmanual doesn't get the attention it deserves
53 unfortunately. I'll try to deprioritize proxy-maint and mentors in the
54 coming months to pay more attention to the others hopefully.
57 > I thought this list was dead. It be nice if proxy folks posted here
58 > for easy reading of common issues proxy maint folks encounter.
59 >
60 We try to cross-post package-up-for-grabs notifications on this list.
61 I'm going through inactive proxied-maintainers and retiring them after
62 a certain timeout, so expect more emails like this in the coming months.
65 > James
71 - --
72 gokturk
73