From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] submitting an ebuild patch -- for beginners
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 22:19:37
1 Hi,
2
3 December 5, 2018 10:56 PM, "Vieri" <rentorbuy@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Suppose the official portage tree has an ebuild named category/package/package-1.0-r1.ebuild.
6 You can name it,no need for mystery ;)
7
8 > This ebuild works fine, but lacks a feature that *some* users may find useful.
9 >
10 > So it's basically only an enhancement.
11 >
12 > Now, I'd like submit this enhancement.
13 >
14 > Should I edit/modify category/package/package-1.0-r1.ebuild in my local git clone, and then commit
15 > the change so that only a diff/patch will be in the pull request?
16 > Or, should I create a new file, eg. category/package/package-1.0-r2.ebuild in my local repository,
17 > and commit that instead?
18
19 I invite you to consult the revbump article (https://devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/ebuild-revisions/index.html).
20
21 The fact that you should edit in place or create a revbump (copy) is not impacted by the git workflow but by the changes affecting the tree.
22 Whats the modification you intend to do?
23
24 Best regards,
25 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera