From: "Corentin “Nado” Pazdera" <nado@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-proxy-maint@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] submitting an ebuild patch -- for beginners
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 08:28:03
1 December 5, 2018 11:35 PM, "Vieri" <rentorbuy@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday, December 5, 2018, 11:19:38 PM GMT+1, Corentin “Nado” Pazdera <nado@××××××××××.be>
4 > wrote:
5 > There's a trivial change I'd like to apply to the samba ebuilds. I'd like to restore something that
6 > was mysteriously removed years ago: pam winbind authentication configuration file.
7 > More here:
8 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/590374
9 > and here: https://590374.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=496430
10 >
11 > This is what I did with git, but I think I messed up because maybe I should have edited the
12 > existing ebuilds instead of creating another revision (my change is not critical, does not affect
13 > in any way users using the previous ebuilds; however, it does "install additional files that could
14 > be useful to the user"):
15 >
16 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/10578
17
18 Well, it impacts dependency calculation for a new useflag, I *think* (still no expert), revbump is advised here.
19 Also, I think a useless revbump is better than an absent one causing tree breakage ;)
20
21 Corentin “Nado” Pazdera