From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] is numpy using the old lapack interface?
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 00:02:54
1 Quoting Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>:
2
3 > On 09:42 Thu 01 Nov 2012, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
4 >> Quoting Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>:
5 >>
6 >> > One more thing, This is fixed in 1.6 tree of numpy, where the
7 >> > call to gfortran uses what is in the site config.
8 >> > Will sage move to a higher version of numpy at some point?
9 >> >
10 >> >
11 >> Yes! The problem that prevent us to upgrade numpy is fixed in numpy-1.7. The
12 >> release cannot come quickly enough for us.
13 >
14 > OK. Any idea when this will happen?
15 >
16 >> For numpy 1.5 would by any chance gfortran be called with -fexternal-blas at
17 >> some point?
18 >
19 > Can't find '-fexternal' in build.log.
20 >
21 >> On my system with python 3.2 lapack was not properly detected,
22 >> that's why dotblas hasn't been built. Numpy 1.5.1 with python 3.2 used an
23 >> internal implementation of the lapack functions it uses.
24 >>
25 >> This probably explains why scipy doesn't compile with numpy 1.5 and
26 >> python 3.2.
27 >
28 > And this where all this started for me ...
29 >
30 > Anyway, the solution of my broken numpy,scipy is to wait for 1.7 or
31 > rollback to a reference-lapack that installs itself as liblapack?
34 If you don't use numpy with python 3.x you could simply create a file
35 /etc/portage/env/dev-python/numpy with USE_PYTHON="2.7" in it.
36 That would skip the offending problem quite nicely without locking you
37 in a particular blas implementation.
38
39 Francois