From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] is numpy using the old lapack interface?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:03:21
1 On 09:42 Thu 01 Nov 2012, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
2 > Quoting Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>:
3 >
4 > > One more thing, This is fixed in 1.6 tree of numpy, where the
5 > > call to gfortran uses what is in the site config.
6 > > Will sage move to a higher version of numpy at some point?
9 > Yes! The problem that prevent us to upgrade numpy is fixed in numpy-1.7. The
10 > release cannot come quickly enough for us.
11
12 OK. Any idea when this will happen?
13
14 > For numpy 1.5 would by any chance gfortran be called with -fexternal-blas at
15 > some point?
16
17 Can't find '-fexternal' in build.log.
18
19 > On my system with python 3.2 lapack was not properly detected,
20 > that's why dotblas hasn't been built. Numpy 1.5.1 with python 3.2 used an
21 > internal implementation of the lapack functions it uses.
22 >
23 > This probably explains why scipy doesn't compile with numpy 1.5 and
24 > python 3.2.
25
26 And this where all this started for me ...
27
28 Anyway, the solution of my broken numpy,scipy is to wait for 1.7 or
29 rollback to a reference-lapack that installs itself as liblapack?
30
31 Thanks,
32 Thomas
35 Thomas Kahle