From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-notebook & jmol
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:12:26
1 Hi François,
2
3 On 06/15/10 - 05:51:23, François Bissey wrote:
4 >
5 > A bit more details on this. First the cli it is enough to install
6 > jmol with
7 > the flag client-only which just install the binary.
8 > The next problem is that to get the web-applet we need either
9 > -client-only or vhost use flags. Which require the gentoo web-app
10 > framework. We don't want that.
11 > *sage uses twisted as its server, this is not supported by web-app.
12 >
13 > We basically need a lot of the stuff that is provided for the web-app
14 > without the requirements of the web-app framework.
15
16 I believe you are correct here and installing the web-app framework
17 with the provided ebuild was the only way I could get the JmolApplet
18 class installed.
21 > I can say you have installed jmol as a web-app Steve. The stuff
22 > provided
23 > in the appletweb folder could be provided by jmol. At first I was
24 > trying
25 > to provide some stuff from jmol and keeping some stuff from sagenb.
26 > This one has tough requirements.
27
28 Yes, tough is what I thought as well. Or, at the least, not
29 straightforward.
32 > Francois
35 Steve