From: P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] install sage-flasknotebook
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:03:27
1 On 06/12/2012 09:45 AM, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
2 > Quoting v_2e@×××.net:
3 >
4 >> Hello!
5 >> Today I noticed that there is the 'sage-flasknotebook' package in
6 >> 'sage-on-gentoo' overlay. As far as I know, this is a new interface for
7 >> Sage. I wanted to install and test it, but it turned out to block
8 >> 'sage-notebook' which the 'sage' package itself depends upon. So [how]
9 >> can I install and test a new flask-interface?
10 >>
11 > Hi,
12 >
13 > those ebuilds are old work in progress and haven't been touched in a while.
14 > Because of time constraint neither Christopher or me are working on this
15 > at the
16 > moment. We will have to when sage really moves to it but it looks like
17 > there is
18 > still a lot of work to do (it has now been rescheduled for sage-5.2).
19 > The only
20 > person working on this from our extended team is Steve Trogdon, but I don't
21 > know if he has something that we can apply straight to our tree.
22 >
23 > Francois
29 There is a new alpha release[1] of sage-5.2 which contains the flask
30 notebook version 0.9.0. An easy way to upgrade to this notebook would be
31 to update the sage-flasknotebook ebuild (and a few other sage related
32 ebuilds) to pull the spkg from that release.
33
34 The flask notebook itself has a positive review[2] and is probably in
35 more final stages at present. Hopefully the sage days 41 [3] workshop
36 that is currently underway will see the flask notebook get finalized and
37 slated for eventual release with sage-5.2.
38
39 [1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sage-release/wjm4MRNI9OE/discussion
40 [2] http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/11080
41 [3] http://wiki.sagemath.org/days41