From: Alexander Holler <holler@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-security] Re: Trolling (was: Gentoo's security)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 04:35:13
1 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > On Monday 08 November 2004 11:02, Alexander Holler wrote:
3 ...
4 > It really seems to me like you are trolling. The first email you sent was done
5 > so after getting frustrated with Mike Frysinger's (vapier) closing of the
6 > "versioned eclasses" bug. Yet, what you are talking about here is absolutely
7 > nothing to do with that. You made most of the same statements on the bug, but
8 > they were off-topic in that bug's context as well. Furthermore, there is
9 > already another bug open for that off-topicness.
10
11 Yes I'm trolling and I doesn't take care about opening and writing tons
12 of bugs if they got ignored or closed as worksforme/wontfix. I've
13 written enough bugs and somewhere came to the point that written bugs is
14 a useless spend of time.
15
16 In the bug I mentioned in my second post, I explain that the trojan for
17 ebuilds is also usable on eclasses (which I've missed because they where
18 relativly new and I've never used them). Ok, unrelated according to you.
19
20 And the second post, I also have reminder on the first post, where the
21 first bug is mentioned where I explain how a list with hashes would
22 help. Ok, very complicated and unrelated too.
23
24 > So, let me give you an account of where I see things are at:
25 > * SHA1 support is in portage but can't be enabled yet due to compatibility
26 > issues. That is, enabling it will prevent user's running <portage-2.0.51
27 > from being able to upgrade.
28
29 I still don't understand why just building a list with hashes (maybe
30 signed) takes over 2 years.
31
32 > * Ebuild signing support is in portage and is starting to be adopted.
33 > Presently, there is a push for developer education.
34 > * CVS portage now runs most ebuild phases as the portage user rather than
35 > root and work is being done to support the last few as well.
36 > * Eclass, package and profile signing are all currently being worked on (and
37 > had begun before you started trolling)
38
39 You don't have to repeat that "trolling'. I think everyone has
40 understood where gentoo is going too. emerge moo!
41
42 > The thing you seem to keep coming back to is why it hasn't already been
43 > completed. You've been given the answer to that several times - lack of time
44 > and higher priority issues. What I really would like to know is why you are
45
46 Things like FEATURES="candy"?
47
48 > trying to tie up so much more of the time of the people that you would have
49 > implement support for these critical features with these pointless emails?
50
51 Yes I'm totally pointless. It is unbelievable, but I'm too thinking that
52 eclasses are totally breaking the ebuild-versioning scheme. I'm so
53 pointless, I can't explain why.
54
55 Sorry, but as a troll I am, I'm now really leaving this list alone. I
56 have to troll.
57
58 Trolling,
59