From: Calum <gentoo-security@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Additional vulnerability in SAMBA <=3.0.7
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:22:07
1 On Monday 15 November 2004 12:50, Christophe Garault wrote:
2 >
3 > This is one of my main question before having Gentoo on my servers.
4 > What is the lifetime of ebuilds? Will I still be able to maintain PHP4
5 > in two years, or will I have to upgrade to PHP5 even if I don't want
6 > new features?
7
8 I wonder the same thing. I am building a server that will be very hard and
9 expensive for me to access if anything goes wrong with the networking.
10
11 I have the same questions - devfs and udev is the one I am asking myself
12 currently. If I need to upgrade the kernel at some stage due to some exploit,
13 or whatever, and devfs is dropped, do I trust myself to swap over to udev
14 remotely, and get the device name changes perfect remotely?
15
16 Or do I go for a slightly less mature udev now?
17
18 Is there any policy document that says "Gentoo will move to UDEV (or PHP5, or
19 Samba 4 etc) after 29th April 2005" ?
20
21 Calum
25 Random russian saying: A drop hollows out a stone.
26
27 jabber: jcalum@××××××××××××.uk
28 pgp: http://gk.umtstrial.co.uk/~calum/keys.php
29 Linux 2.6.7-hardened-r7 12:58:45 up 1 day, 2:31, 1 user, load average: 0.25,
30 0.09, 0.04
33 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list