From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: Koon <koon@××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] For folks interested in helping with gentoo security efforts
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:57:29
1 On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:51:04PM +0100 or thereabouts, Koon wrote:
2 > OK, I think I could help in all areas, particularly 1, 2 and 4. I would
3 > help from work, so I cannot devote full-time to this, but I definitely
4 > can help.
5
6 We really, really need help with #2. If you feel you can help with that,
7 we'd certainly appreciate it. The best way to help with #2 is to hang out
8 on #gentoo-security on freenode and get a feeling for what our current
9 process flows are. Then, if someone can translate that into a set of
10 documentation that we can publish on the site, we'd be in fat city.
11
12 > Kurt : the first step in building an official team for this would be to
13 > have an official Gentoo "project" devoted to security (I didn't found
14 > one on the project page, should be in metastructure or qa ?) so that we
15 > can all know who the leads are, what profiles and docs are needed etc.
16
17 http://security.gentoo.org/
18
19 I'm not sure why it doesn't show up on the metastructure page, but I'll
20 check with Paul about that.
21
22 --kurt