From: Anthony Gorecki <agorecki@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] "restart daemon" notification
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 02:10:01
1 On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:09:48 +0200, Timo Veith wrote:
2 > It was about updating software and figuring out whether a certain daemon
3 > has to be restarted because libs could have changed or even binary of
4 > the daemon itself was overwritten etc.
5
6 Why not just hook Portage's emerge process? The hook could be configured to
7 automatically restart the associated init.d files of any emerged package. As to
8 the libraries, `equery d PACKAGE` could be used to see which programs need to
9 be restarted.
10
11 I have the same interest in automatic restarts; if I ever find the time, I'm
12 planning to implement something similar to the above described process.
16 Anthony Gorecki
17 Ectro-Linux Foundation
18 --
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list