From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SPAM protection by requesting confirmation
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:21:28
1 Hi!
2
3 To everybody in this thread who said "C/R is bad idea":
4
5 While qconfirm and TMDA will work in most cases, I've read C/R critique
6 here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge-response_spam_filtering and
7 agree it's bad idea in general. I unlike tools like SpamAssassin because
8 if there just a "X% chance" something is spam, then it's mean there always
9 "Y% chance" I'll lose non-spam email. C/R systems have same issues, but
10 it's harder to find out that fact.
11