From: Scott Ryan <scottr@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Servers running gentoo
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 05:53:57
1 On Wednesday 28 July 2004 20:45, Justin Lambert wrote:
2 > I have tried searching the forums and mailing list archives for an
3 > answer to this question, but I obviously cannot word it correctly since
4 > all I get are things about various service servers on gentoo boxes.
5 >
6 > I currently have about 30 linux servers deployed around my location, all
7 > running rh9. I am to the point that I need to update some major
8 > components and am not looking forward to the rpmhell that comes with
9 > this. I have been running gentoo on my workstations for a few years and
10 > really like the upgradability that it provides with the least ammount
11 > of work and was wanting to look at switching my server base to this.
12
13 How do you intend to install all these machines?
14 What would really be cool is some kind of installation process similar to
15 Redhat's kickstart. I can get Gentoo to boot over network using PXE, but that
16 is as far as I have got at the moment. Any thoughts / suggestions on what
17 would need to be done here would be appreciated.
21 (0> Scott Ryan
22 //\ Unix/Linux Systems Engineer
23 V_/_ Telkom Internet - SA
25 Email: scottr@×××××××.com