From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:55:59
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Ian P. Christian wrote:
2
3 > "I have 500 MB of archived mail, with several folders with 15,000+ messages in
4 > them. Trying to get this to work on a dual-AthlonMP 2200+ system with 2 GB of
5 > RAM was not a lot of fun using Courier-IMAP and Maildir. It would take
6 > upwards of 30 seconds to load a message index, and it could take even longer
7 > to do operations on multiple messages."
8
9 Could be a bad setup?
10
11 Our main mail server is a dual-Athlon (1.6GHz) SMP box, 1Gb RAM and we
12 serve somewhere between 3000 to 4000 accounts with Courier. Some of users
13 have hundreds of Mb (a few are > 1Gb of mail).
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list