From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: "Ian P. Christian" <pookey@×××××××××.uk>
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:10:09
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Ian P. Christian wrote:
2
3 > That actually doesn't say anything about the number of messages though ;)
4
5 True but I happen to know some of those accounts have many many thousands
6 of messages.
7
8 > Indeed - this is why you can't really compare your experience with the once I
9 > posted. He may well have been using rubbish hardware - but even if he wasn't,
10 > the case remains this shows a vast improvement from cyrus over courier using
11 > the same hardware.
12
13 I didn't post to start some petty flame war about who's IMAP server is
14 better. The OP asked for experiences and so Im just giving *my*
15 experience. Its not the same as *your* experience and Im not saying
16 *your* server is better or mine either but for whatever reason you have
17 decided to take it that way.
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list