From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql 4.1 status
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 01:44:38
1 dormando wrote:
2 > Mind me; I haven't read up on the bugs, and this is probably a dumb
3 > place to admit this.
4 >
5 > MySQL (to me) is an one of those instances where different major
6 > versions of the software serve almost different purposes. In this case I
7 > believe debian got it right by having the default be the oldest
8 > supported stable release, while more recent stable versions are
9 > available by non-default.
10 >
11 > Just a note, don't get too peeved,
12
13 It's a good observation, but a little bit apples and oranges. Debian is
14 *always* going to err on the side of being far out of date if it means
15 that there is more stability to gain. Not true for Gentoo. ;)
16
17 DS
18 --
19 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list