From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SPAM protection by requesting confirmation
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 20:02:17
1 Hi!
2
3 On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 02:41:59PM -0500, Homer Parker wrote:
4 > quarantine that you can go through and look for false positives
5
6 At first, normal mail will not be delivered timely, just because it will
7 be in quarantine, and usually people doesn't check quarantine even once
8 per day.
9
10 At second, normal mail will be lost, because while checking quarantine and
11 looking for false positives some normal mail will not be detected, because
12 it's hard enough work and people do mistakes.
13
14 And last, if I will check quarantine every few hours, I'll handle not so
15 much spam messages and chances are I'll not delete normal mail by mistake.
16 Yeah. But, in this case, what's the difference between using tools like
17 SpamAssassin and not using these tools at all and still handling all these
18 spam mail every few hours inside "inbox" instead of "quarantine"?
21 WBR, Alex.