From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo server security info
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:39:10
1 On 07/13/04 Michael Kohl wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:36:27 -0400
4 > Andy Dustman <farcepest@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > > Personally I think the letter codes you get are not so good:
7 > > Intuitively, [N] means "no" but it really means "might be affected".
8 > > I'd prefer something like:
9 > >
10 > > [ ] means this GLSA was already applied,
11 > > [-] means the system is not affected and
12 > > [X] indicates that the system might be affected.
13 >
14 > That's not really hard to achieve, I've attached you a patch for it.
15 >
16 > Maybe you want to propose your change to the maintainer, metadata.xml
17 > states that karltk@g.o is responsible for gentoolkit.
18
19 It also states that tools-portage is the responsible herd, I'm not sure
20 why Karl listed himself as maintainer, but gentoolkit bugs/patches
21 should be reported to tools-portage@g.o. That's especially true
22 for glsa-check, as Karl knows probably little about it (I wrote/maintain
23 it).
24 As for the letters, I choose N for "new" to somehow resemble the emerge
25 output. I've added color support in CVS so that it's clearer which lines
26 are the important ones, those changes are just not released yet.
27 Also keep in mind that glsa-check is a *temporary* solution, it will be
28 integrated into emerge in the future (unfortunately not in 2.0.51), so
29 I'm not to keen to make the interface perfect.
30
31 Marius
36 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
37 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.