From: Tobias Orlamuende <tobias@××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Backup Software
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:35:34
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hi,
5
6 have you had a look at bacula (bacula.org).
7 I am playing around with it at the moment. It's quite heavy to setup but if
8 it's running it is really useful.
9 The biggest advantage (for me) is the fact that it can backup from Windows
10 (using an agent). AFAIK it is the only OpenSource-tool which can do that.
11 There might be one disadvantage: The GUI provided is nearly unusable in
12 productive environment. Maybe there is coming a new, heavily improved one.
13 IMHO it's worth to have a look.
14
15 Greetings
16