From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 19:21:50
1 On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM, EBo <ebo@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Feb 21 2014 9:02 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> I don't profess to have closely investigated, but I take it that it
4 >> wouldn't make sense to just use networkd instead? It seems to me that
5 >> configuring a network isn't exactly a Gentoo-specific problem.
8 > That is what I had set up before, which is either incompatible with systemd
9 > or I mucked thigs up as part of the transition.
10
11 Networkd is a part of systemd, so I imagine it is intended to be compatible. :)
12
13 > The real question for Gentoo/GSoC is the future directions of
14 > Arch-Linux, its relation to Gentoo (if any), and what should we do to
15 > start moving in appropriate directions before it becomes necessary...
16
17 What does Arch have to do with this?
18
19 Rich