From: Nikoli <Nikoli@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Progress of NetworkManager Plug-in 2010.05.20
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:23:29
1 В сообщении от 26 июня 2010 17:25:09 автор Mu Qiao написал:
2 > Well, you're right. I've go through the links you listed and I agree
3 > that pptp could be implemented. But as far as I know, NM supports vpnc,
4 > openvpn and pptp by an unified way. I think it would be confusing to
5 > users if we only supported one of them. Think about it, it's a little
6 > mess(different configuration files, don't know which one is supported,
7 > etc.). Meanwhile, currently it is very easy to make a VPN connection. I
8 > don't see a strong need to support it by our plug-in especially when it
9 > may involve the mess.
10 >
11 > So in my opinion, If we could support vpnc, openvpn and pptp, it's worth
12 > implementing. Certainly, if you have better idea, please tell me :-).
13
14 Ideally plugin should work so:
15 1) install gentoo
16 2) install NM+plugin
17 3) configure networks
18 4) after rebooting all network connections work fine even if NM failed to start
19 or is completely removed.
20
21 Gentoo supports vpnc and openvpn with /etc/conf.d/net and /etc/init.d/vpnc (
22 /etc/init.d/openvpn ) + /etc/vpnc/ (/etc/openvpn/), so you can add support for
23 them:
24 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vpnc-howto.xml
25 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/OpenVPN
26
27 But this may require much work and in worst case may cause some code
28 duplication.
29
30 Seems plugin also does not support GPRS (EDGE), do you plan to add it? Example
31 config (mobile phone as usb modem):
32 config_ppp1="ppp"
33 link_ppp1="ttyACM1"
34 pppd_ppp1="
35 debug
36 crtscts
37 local
38 lcp-echo-failure 0
39 lcp-echo-interval 0
40 :0.0.0.0
41 noipdefault
42 ipcp-accept-local
43 defaultroute
44 usepeerdns
45 noauth
46 persist
48 "
49 chat_ppp1="
50 'TIMEOUT' '15'
51 'ABORT' 'BUSY'
52 'ABORT' 'ERROR'
53 'ABORT' 'NO ANSWER'
54 'ABORT' 'NO CARRIER'
55 'ABORT' 'NO DIALTONE'
56 'ABORT' 'Invalid Login'
57 'ABORT' 'Login incorrect'
58 '' 'ATE1'
59 'OK' 'AT+CGDCONT=1,\"IP\",\"internet\"'
60 'OK' 'ATD*99***1#'
61 'CONNECT' 'c'
62 "