From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 16:02:11
1 On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 02/20/2014 03:00 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 08:37:59PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> You may try to get net-misc/netifrc systemd-compatible. But I don't
7 >>> know if it's GSoC-size task.
8 >>
9 >> Yes, I think it is a GSoC-size task, but would be best suited to
10 >> somebody considerable shell skills.
11 >>
12 >> I would be willing to mentor such a person, because I have considered
13 >> doing this myself, but am short on time for it.
14 >>
15 > I have to agree with Robin here, I don't think its that trivial. There is a
16 > *lot* of networking configurations, all of which would have to be bashed up.
17 > I wouldn't want to mentor such a project, but I would like to watch from the
18 > sidelines and would be will to test/help.
19
20 I don't profess to have closely investigated, but I take it that it
21 wouldn't make sense to just use networkd instead? It seems to me that
22 configuring a network isn't exactly a Gentoo-specific problem.
23
24 Rich