From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Greetings
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:34:49
1 On 04/07/2010 01:24 PM, Makassikis Marios wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > In case they are taken, I suppose I could work on a EBuild Generator,
6 > although it would target a different audience than the previous two
7 > (which is not an issue, just a comment :) ), and there is no mentor
8 > mentionned on the wiki page.
11 There's some pitfalls for students in writing something like Ebuild
12 Generator. Understanding the needs of the users goes a long a way
13 towards making a project successful. It can be quite hard to step into
14 the shoes of someone who has written ebuilds for many years if you have
15 no experience in ebuild writing. At least an involved mentor is needed.
16 Not impossible of course but the application would need to detail how
17 the generator will work to clearly show that there's benefit in writing one.
18
19 Regards,
20 Petteri