From: Mishal Roy <roymishal210@×××××.com>
To: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Application for Google Summer of Code 2018-Mishal Roy
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:16:28
1 Hi,
2
3 Yes I will download the Xiaomi boot image by ebuild.
4
5 I had proposed this small project so that it can be successfully completed
6 within the time frame of three months.
7 Eliminating the concept of boot image is feasible.
8 If you recommend, I would like to extend my proposal by adding it.
9 Aboot the application bootloader of Redmi Note 4 reads boot image and loads
10 kernel+ramdisk into RAM.
11 On the other hand, bootloader on computer reads kernel and ramdisk ,and
12 loads those into RAM.
13 We can make Aboot function like a computer bootloader by editing its source
14 code [1].
15 However we will require Xiaomi's permission to allow us install the newly
16 built Aboot because Aboot gets checked by SBL(Secondary boot loader) [2].
17
18 I recently got familiar with basics of Gentoo.
19 I have been using Ubuntu since 2 years.
20 I have Ubuntu on my desktop computer and laptop.
21 I use Ubuntu for compiling ASM, C and MATLAB codes.
22 I also use it for running Guitarix,Rakarrack ( virtual guitar amplifiers)
23 and Audacity sound recorder.
24 Through Ubuntu I got to know about initramfs as well as list of services
25 that are started by sysvinit and upstart.
26 i.e. udev, pulseaudio , x-sever, lightdm, dbus, cron etc.
27 I have experimented with these sevices by starting and stopping.
28 I have not contributed to any community or solved bugs so far.
29 I have Dell Venue 7 3740 which is an Intel powered Android device.This
30 device is my main device for Android development.
31 https://opensource.dell.com/releases/Venue_7_3740_Merrifield/developer-edition/A195/
32
33 1. https://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SRM-HOWTO/aboot.html
34 2.