From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform.
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 21:18:29
On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 22:04 +0100, harald wrote:
> Hello Andrew, > > thank´s for your very quick answer. > i don´t know exactly what exactly gentoo foundation and its developers > do. there are a several java sources available for sparc plattform. sun > has binaries for solaris. is it possible to install/transform these > binaries for gentoo? there are a lot of sources available from sun. > would it be possible to install/compile these sources on my machine? > would it be possible for gentoo to generate emerge packages with these > sources?
Don't know. What you should do is open a bug against sparc requesting that the sources you are interested be wrapped in an ebuild which would support a version of java which would be acceptable to you. If you generate a bug like that, someone --- maybe me --- would at least look at it.
> I knew about blackdown java for sparc, these are unstable and do not > support all official sun java features.
Don't pursue blackdown; sun's product seems to be superior. Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc)

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-sparc] Java Support on Sparc plattform. harald <ba0547@×××××××××××.de>