From: "Mitchell
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o, gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:27:28
1 I've got an E450 with Apache, but not the rest of your list. It works rather well. Just install Apache, make a couple of changes in the config, and it's all good.
2
3 Don't get hung up on hooking a modem to the 450 - you could put it anywhere, and simply use email to deliver notification to the email system. I've successfully used an alias in /etc/aliases to redirect email to a script. If you need to know how that's done, let me know. It would allow you to put the modem somewhere you're more familiar with, and send messages to it from the 450.
4
5 Ralph Mitchell
9 -----Original Message-----
10 From: Nic le Roux [mailto:nicl@××××××××××.net]
11 Sent: Mon 7/25/2005 2:51 AM
12 To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
13 Subject: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
14
15 Good Moring,
16
17 I've been tasked to gather some info on Using a Sparc 450 for setting up
18 network monitoring tools.
19 These will include Nagios, MRTG, RRDtool, Ntop and Apache as the web
20 front-end.
21
22 Has anyone here used these packages with success on Gentoo ?
23 I'm a Mandrake user and have no experience with Sparc machines.
24 I unfortunately also do not have a Machine to test with.
25
26 Is there any Major hiccups that I can encounter ?
27
28 The biggest worry that I have is I need to connect a GSM modem to the
29 machine via serial port in order to send sms's
32 Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated,
35 Thanks and Regards
36 Nic
39 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list