From: Ric Messier <kilroy@×××××××.COM>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-sparc] Software Compilation
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:24:49
1 On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Nic le Roux wrote:
2
3 > Thanks Ralph.
4 >
5 > It, will however be a requirement to put the modem on the E450.
6 > Because of the way Nagios generates the sms's and as a means of removing
7 > another point of failure I have to put it on the E450.
8 > Guaranteeing the delivery of the sms is of utmost importance.
9 > Is there complications in getting it set up on the Sparc machine itself ?
12 I shouldn't think so. I've used serial applications on SPARC Linux in the
13 past without issue. Can't imagine the modem would be much harder.
14
15 > Are there changes in the Apache config made as a requirement of it being on
16 > the E450 ?
17
18 No. Apache is Apache is Apache. The hardware platform is irrelevant.
19
20 > Something in the list that I left out was postfix, using a smarthost on the
21 > network to deliver mail.
24 I've used Postfix on SPARC Linux. In fact, it's installed on my machine,
25 though I don't use it much with my current setup.
26
27 > On that note is the Sparc distribution very stable ?
30 I run ~sparc without problems on three different machines.
31
32 Ric
35 gentoo-sparc@g.o mailing list