From: Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-sparc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-sparc] Official SPARC64 Port
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 00:55:06
1 On 01/29/2016 07:44 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On 29 Jan 2016 19:28, Alex McWhirter wrote:
3 >> Regarding the issue with pcitutils, it is indeed and issue with gold. It
4 >> turns out udev is broken as well, as in it wont start.
5 >>
6 >> binutils has supposedly fixed this issue upstream, i may try to emerge
7 >> 9999 later tonight. perhaps eudev fairs a bit better than udev? Would
8 >> there be any issue with moving to eudev as a default?
9 > arches should not be picking any defaults like udev. we should be using
10 > the same default across all linux systems. especially if the only point
11 > is to workaround a bug in gold.
12 >
13 > is the fix in binutils-2.26 ? that's going into the tree in a bit ...
14 > i'm waiting for some feedback from upstream before i push it.
15 > -mike
16
17 I can check to see if the fix is in .26, but eudev does work without
18 issue for what it's worth. pciutils is also compiling without issue with
19 eudev.
20
21 I will try pulling 9999 and see if the issue is no longer there, if it's
22 been resolved there then ill check into .26
23
24 Without that fix, sparc64 is probably a no-go. I suppose we could always
25 patch .25 if needed.