From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-trustees] gentoo foundation web site
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:56:58
1 Deedra Waters wrote: [Sun Aug 15 2004, 11:38:27PM CDT]
2 > I'd really like to see us have regular phone conferences. Irc works well
3 > for some things, but I think that phone conferences would help us build
4 > more of a working relationship.
5
6 I'm not opposed, but I would think that phone conferences would be
7 rather pricey since we have folks on both sides of the pond. No?
8
9 Meanwhile, we really do need to have a meeting of some sort fairly soon.
10 I'm starting to get the impression that to be a legitimate corporation
11 we really need to have a president, a treasurer, and a secretary, none
12 of which we currently have. (Zhen, could you check w/ our lawyers about
13 this?) Even if it's not required, I still think it would be a good idea
14 to have people in those roles. I also think we're going to need bylaws
15 by our one-year anniversary, so we probably need to start thinking about
16 that, too. I've looked at Python's bylaws, and I think they'd make a
17 good start, but has anybody else seen other examples that might be more
18 appropriate?
19
20 Thanks,
21 g2boojum
22 --
23 Grant Goodyear
24 Gentoo Developer
25 g2boojum@g.o
26 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
27 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76