From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-trustees@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-trustees] Banking
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 16:51:11
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Grant Goodyear [mailto:g2boojum@g.o]
3 > I don't really want to be involved in handling the money.
4 > The account admin is just the person who adds or deletes
5 > names of people who can access the account.
6 >
7 > The practical issue, though, is that if the account admin and
8 > the secretary are different people, then we'll need to have
9 > two people filling out forms.
10
11 If nobody else wants to be a treasurer then I can do that, but left or right
12 keep in mind that this could become a busy task (deposits, withdrawals, IRS
13 filings, and most importantly reporting back to the community). I highly
14 recommend we use Quickbooks for the bookeeping, and to make that easier, a
15 bank that will export quicken format (I believe netbank does).
16
17 Cheers,
18
19 -C