From: Dominic Kexel <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: wlan0 promiscuous mode
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:57:28
1 On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:05:56 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Do you know if there is an equivalent destroy command for ifconfig or
5 > iwconfig since wlanconfig is a madwifi tool? 'ifconfig wlan0 destroy'
6 > doesn't work and I tried 'ifconfig wlan0 down'. 'airmon-ng start
7 > wlan0' does put wlan0 into monitor mode (as verified by 'ifconfig')
8 > but I don't get any airodump-ng results unless net.wlan0 is started.
9 >
10 > - Grant
13 'airmon-ng stop wlan0' should just exit monitor mode.
14
15 'airmon-ng start wlan0' creates a new device (mon0 or phy0 or something),
16 and 'airmon-ng stop wlan0' will remove it.
19 Dominic Kexel <nexenta@××××××××××××××××××××××××.com>