From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Upgrading from 5.14 to 6.0 version
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2022 16:01:06
1 On 11/11/2022 08:25, Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I been stuck on gentoo-sources 5.14.15 for a while.  I tried upgrading
5 > to I think 5.16 and then more recently 5.18.
6 If you've been using 5.14 until now, it would appear to me you're the
7 target audience of the LTS kernels. 5.15 is the latest LTS kernel. Those
8 kernels are maintained with bugfixes and backports for at least 2 years.
9
10 The next LTS will probably be 6.1, so if you update to that, stick to it
11 for the next 2 years and then update to whatever is the latest LTS then.