From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 21:07:37
1 100309 Alex Schuster wrote some time ago:
2 > Now I'm going to emerge KDE-4.4.1, let's see what this will change.
3 & today:
4 > But still they are not well.
5
6 I see 1 improvement & 2 regressions so far;
7 NB I don't use the desktop (that's Fluxbox), only some apps.
8
9 Konsole has lost its 'fixed GNU' font, which now calls up something nasty
10 (yes, I know there's an entry in the list, but it's a different font).
11 I've switched to Xterm for Mutt & may junk Konsole for user terminal too.
12
13 Gwenview shows a lot of silly little pictures plastered all over folders
14 & there seems to be no way of telling it not to.
15 Do I want a picture of Conrad Black in my big 'people' collection ? -- Yes.
16 Do I want to look at him every time I open Gwenview ? -- No !!
17
18 Gwenview has regained F2='rename', which it lost after KDE 3 , a plus.
19
20 Still no 'removed tiles' display in Kmahjongg,
21 so it's still KDE 3 for that & thank the gods for Gentoo making it easy.
22 Still no port of Ksokoban: apparently they can't decide what to name it.
26 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
27 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
28 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca