From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 09:26:03
1 Philip Webb writes:
2
3 > I see 1 improvement & 2 regressions so far;
4 > NB I don't use the desktop (that's Fluxbox), only some apps.
5 >
6 > Konsole has lost its 'fixed GNU' font, which now calls up something
7 > nasty (yes, I know there's an entry in the list, but it's a different
8 > font). I've switched to Xterm for Mutt & may junk Konsole for user
9 > terminal too.
10
11 I noticed this when I started KDE 4.4 for the first time. It looked quite
12 different (and a little ugly), but somehow I got used to it.
13
14 > Gwenview shows a lot of silly little pictures plastered all over
15 > folders & there seems to be no way of telling it not to.
16 > Do I want a picture of Conrad Black in my big 'people' collection ? --
17 > Yes. Do I want to look at him every time I open Gwenview ? -- No !!
18
19 Those four thumbnails on each folder icon? I actually like these :)
20
21 > Gwenview has regained F2='rename', which it lost after KDE 3 , a plus.
22
23 So at least sometimes things improve :)
24 I don't use gwenview much. When I used it a while ago, browsing through
25 many photos, and rotating lots of them, it always crashed after a while,
26 after it hogged very much of my memory. Just retried that, problem's gone.
27 Hooray!
28
29 Wonko