From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:00:08
1 100311 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Philip Webb writes:
3 >> Konsole has lost its 'fixed GNU' font, which now calls up something nasty
4 >> (yes, I know there's an entry in the list, but it's a different font).
5 >> I've switched to Xterm for Mutt & may junk Konsole for user terminal too.
6 > I noticed this when I started KDE 4.4 for the first time.
7 > It looked quite different & a bit ugly, but somehow I got used to it.
8
9 Further experience showed that Xterm's standard font doesn't do Unicode
10 & mouse-scroll doesn't work in Most etc, so I've gone back to Konsole
11 & settled on a tolerable font in 'fixed misc' at size 13 .
12
13 > I don't use gwenview much. When I used it browsing many photos
14 > and rotating lots of them, it always crashed after a while,
15 > after it hogged very much of my memory.
16 > Just retried that, problem's gone. Hooray!
17
18 Yes, Gwenview has been quite useable for some time now
19 & the KDE 4 version is a bit of an improvement generally.
20 Useable alternatives are Thunar (icon view) & Feh (thumbnail view)
21 to browse around & Feh (image view) to look at the actual pictures.
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca