From: Franklin Wang <touch21st@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: How about the gentoo server or cluster in production environment?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 00:36:57
1 Maybe it's intresting, although I prefer to use red hat, suse or ubuntu
2 in datacenter as Google. Slackware servers're not very poppular here
3 On 2014年02月20日 08:14, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
4 >
5 > On 20 Feb 2014 05:12, "Franklin Wang" <touch21st@×××××.com
6 > <mailto:touch21st@×××××.com>> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > and what about slackware for server?
11 > > -------- Original Message --------
12 > > Subject:
13 > > How about the gentoo server or cluster in production environment?
14 > > Date:
15 > > Fri, 29 Nov 2013 09:41:28 +0800
16 > > From:
17 > > Franklin Wang <touch21st@×××××.com <mailto:touch21st@×××××.com>>
18 > > To:
19 > > gentoo-server@l.g.o
20 > <mailto:gentoo-server@l.g.o>,
21 > gentoo-cluster@l.g.o <mailto:gentoo-cluster@l.g.o>
24 > > Hi all,
25 > >
26 > > I'm not familiar with gentoo server and cluster. So could you tell me
27 > > the experience about them? Thanks.
32 > > Franklin Wang
37 > Gentoo makes the best server os because it's a custom built os where
38 > the admin knows each and every aspect of the os. Security wise, there
39 > are no unwanted or unused stuff, so lesser bugs to deal with.
40 >
41 > Clustering, well, you can do that using glusterfs
45 skype:touch21st, Gtalk:touch21st, Yahoo/MSN:franklinwang36@×××××.com,
46 Xing/Linkedin:Franklin Wang