From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why WordPress is masked?
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 14:56:28
1 I was recently told that I will have to use WordPress to do some
2 translation job.
3
4 After emerge --search wordpress, I have found that this package is
5 currently masked (at least for amd64 architecture). The same says
6 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/WordPress
7
8 Earlier, in this mailing list, I was told that I can see the reasons
9 for masking a package in .../profile/package.mask file.
10
11 However, looking into it, I have not found there the wordpress
12 package at all.
13
14 Does anybody know, why wordpress package is currently masked and how
15 dangerous it is to unmask it as the wikipage above advises.
16
17 Moreover, I am interested if there are any substitutions for the
18 wordpress package available in Gentoo.
19
20 By a quick search, I have found vimpress plugin for vim.
21
22 Does anybody know if it is a decent substitution for wordpress?
23
24 Thank you.