From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, wireless@×××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Labeling reiserfs partitions
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:51:18
1 From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
2 Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Labeling reiserfs partitions
3 Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:16:29 +0000 (UTC)
4
5 > Alexander Skwar <listen <at> alexander.skwar.name> writes:
8 > > Janusz Bossy wrote:
9 > > > You can always run mkreiserfs and, after that, restore
10 > > > the data with reiserfsck.
11 >
12 > > Hm - is it possible to kick such lamers like Janusz?
13 >
14 > > Alexander Skwar
15 >
16 > Sure, I was temporarily 86'd from the list for being
17 > a 'bone-head' about iptables.........
18 >
19 > I'm still hard-headed, I just try to keep 'issues'
20 > to myself........
21 >
22 > On another note, frequent creation and updates to
23 > wikis allows for quick responses to these sort
24 > of recurring questions. If the talented
25 > folks create such wiki pages, the bone-heads could
26 > easily learn to refer questions to the wikis in
27 > lieu of all of this repetition, and misguided
29 > readers could volunteer to maintain these wikis,
30 > thus reducing the burden on the pool-o-genius.....
31 > Perhaps a tool like eix/esearch that first
32 > (priortizes) searches for official/unofficial wiki-responsed
33 > to these common questions?
34 >
35 > Furthermore, it would attract more folks to Gentoo.
36 >
37 > hth,
38 >
39 > James
40
41 There are three common problems left for those like me asking
42 "repetitioned questions":
43
44 1.) Most search engines of wikis are as "bone-headed" as those trying
45 to answer the question like the above example. Search engines dont
46 understand any context.
47
48 2.) For one not being a native English speaker it is often difficult
49 to get the right words for the right match.
50
51 3.) Sometimes one can describe the problem without the faintest idea
52 of any keyword to be filled into such [CENSORED] search engines.
53
54 Without the evolution of search engine into finding enginges mailing
55 lists will exist, where questions are answered more than once.
56
57 Kind regards,
58 mcc
59 --