From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python sub-categories?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:32:16
1 On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > So /usr/portage/dev-python is around 1500 packages. Is it time to
6 > create some new categories to reduce this size, or is it ok, in the
7 > "gentoo-way" for everything /python/ to be lumped into dev-python/?
10 > We do not organize things around 'C' like that, so since python is
11 > ubiquitous in linux now, does it make since to treat /python/ differently
12 > that we do bash or C ?
15 > Or am I miss reading this portage tree organizational wisdom? I understand it
16 > and agree with it for one-off languages, but surely python has passed that
17 > point?
18
19 I think you have asked this question on the wrong mailing list.
20 gentoo-dev would be more appropriate.