From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Radeon navi cards and opencl
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2021 22:28:59
1 On 01/09/2021 00:30, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > The thing is, there's already an ebuild for dev-libs/amdgpu-pro-opencl, but
3 > since I upgraded the display card the resulting code hasn't worked. BOINC
4 > reports 'No usable GPUs found' and sources on the Web say that neither of the
5 > two drivers works. Impasse.
6 >
7 > Am I going to have to replace the old display card and write off the expense?
8 > Looks like it.
9
10 Have you got the appropriate microcode or whatever it is loaded into the
11 kernel or modules?
12
13 I had a similar issue where X/wayland wouldn't load with "Can't find
14 video card" or somesuch, and the card wasn't being initialised by the
15 kernel, because I hadn't installed the relevant "proprietary firmware".
16 So the card didn't work.
17
18 (I've got some fun coming in the future, I want to share kernels across
19 my machines, one is a Ryzen, the other that A-class thingy with GPU, and
20 it appears it requires a little magic to make both work on the same
21 kernel ...)
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol