From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] One hard drive much slower for some reason.
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 21:22:11
1 Dale writes:
2
3 > For the record, hda and hdb are not even mounted. I am currently using
4 > hdc for the OS. The drive used to be a lot faster than this. I used
5 > it for my OS a good while back and recently used it for /var/portage
6 > and /usr/portage. I'm not sure what has changed so I can't figure out
7 > why it is so slow. Anyone see something I am missing? All I see is
8 > the others are udma6 while it is udma5. It has always been that way
9 > tho.
10 >
11 > Thoughts?
12
13 hdb is in slave mode, maybe this slows things down? If you want to be
14 sure, you could exchange hda and hdb (that is, exchange a jumper so master
15 becomes slave and vice versa, unless you have it set to 'cable select'),
16 and check again.
17
18 Wonko