From: Kusoneko <kusoneko@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 03:09:05
1 On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 03:22:52PM +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > So the natural answer for my password needs is keepass (by now the XC
3 > variant). I sync it between my Linux machines with all other files using
4 > unison.
5
6 That is also what I use. I also personally use my phone with KeepassDX
7 for when I'm not next to my personal PC, and I have the databases synced
8 together through Syncthing. However, on the topic of Syncthing, I
9 haven't had any issue so far, but I also haven't been able to find
10 anywhere if the thing encrypts traffic that's sent from anywhere to
11 anywhere else. From what I understand of Syncthing though, it seems to
12 give each machine a unique ID, let's you give them names and then
13 specify a shared folder, then using the local networks it can find
14 other devices running Syncthing, and on the wider internet, it seems to
15 connect to some random "discovery servers" that seem like their purpose
16 is to act as a way to have the devices find each other if they're on
17 other networks so that the shared directories stay synced at all times.
18 I just wish I knew if the files are encrypted e2e or not when using this.
19
20 Kusoneko.