From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Puzzled about --depclean
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:31:18
1 On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I just ran "emerge -p --depclean" and the only thing it wants to remove
6 > is
7 > > gentoo-sources-2.6.35-r12. So my system's pretty clean, but I'm quite
8 > > puzzled with this result.
9 > >
10 > > I have 5 versions of gentoo-sources installed, and the one it wants to
11 > ditch
12 > > is the one I'm actually using. I can understand why it wouldn't care
13 > about
14 > > that, but why not:
15 > > 2.6.31-r10 which is no longer in the tree
16 > > any of the others, which are marked in exactly the same way as the
17 > > victim it picked? Some are older, and some are newer than this
18 > > victim. What gives?
19 > >
20 > > I'm just wondering about how --depclean picked on this one of the five?
23 > Look in /var/lib/portage/world and see if you are protecting the
24 > versions you think it should be cleaning but it isn't.
25 >
26 > Hope this helps,
27 > Mark
28 >
29 > I looked there, and there's
30 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
31 so I would expect them all to be protected. Why the exception?
32
33 ++ kevin
37 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD