From: JC Denton <jcdentonmail@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Settings for Fan
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 07:22:58
1 Hi!
2
3 This what I get:
4
5 $ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/trip_points
6 critical (S5): 97 C
7 passive: 95 C: tc1=5 tc2=4 tsp=600 devices=0xc14defa0
8
9 $ cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/cooling_mode
10 <setting not supported>
11 cooling mode: passive
12
13 I am not used to this stuff yet. What does it mean? Should I build the bios support in the kernel?
14
15 These are my ACPI and APM settings:
16 #
17 # ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
18 #
19 CONFIG_ACPI=y
20 CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP=y
21 CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_FS=y
22 # CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP_PROC_SLEEP is not set
23 CONFIG_ACPI_AC=y
24 CONFIG_ACPI_BATTERY=y
25 CONFIG_ACPI_BUTTON=y
26 CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO=m
27 # CONFIG_ACPI_HOTKEY is not set
28 CONFIG_ACPI_FAN=y
29 CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y
30 CONFIG_ACPI_THERMAL=y
31 # CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS is not set
32 CONFIG_ACPI_IBM=y
33 # CONFIG_ACPI_TOSHIBA is not set
34 CONFIG_ACPI_BLACKLIST_YEAR=0
35 # CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG is not set
36 CONFIG_ACPI_EC=y
37 CONFIG_ACPI_POWER=y
38 CONFIG_ACPI_SYSTEM=y
39 CONFIG_X86_PM_TIMER=y
40 # CONFIG_ACPI_CONTAINER is not set
41
42 #
43 # APM (Advanced Power Management) BIOS Support
44 #
45 # CONFIG_APM is not set
46
47 Any hint?