From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network printing
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 10:17:45
1 On Wednesday 24 December 2008 00:03:46 Mick wrote:
2
3 > If you are using SSL certificates you must set up the correct domain
4 > name, with regards to what the client machines see on the intranet/LAN.
5 > Clearly the IP address is not a FQDN and the certificate check fails.
6 > So, you want your common name (CN = serv.ethnet or whatever) to be the
7 > same with the name that your server is seen by the client in the LAN and
8 > this may involve setting up your router to resolve serv.ethnet to
9 > 192.168.2.2, or adding an entry in your client's /etc/hosts file to this
10 > effect.
11
12 I'm not using SSL certificates, or not as far as I know. Every host on the
13 LAN has serv.ethnet in its hosts file, and dnsmasq on the gateway also
14 knows about it - of course. The problem is not in name resolving. Both the
15 cups server and the box running the Web browser are on the same LAN
16 segment. I've just checked all the boxes' hosts files and they're all
17 correct.
18
19 > To see what's failing (which could well be related to the http:// ir
20 > ipp:// path to the printer being incorrect) you need to increase the
21 > verbosity of CUPS in its configuration file and then have a close look
22 > at:
23 >
24 > /var/log/cups/access_log
25 > /var/log/cups/error_log