From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:24:09
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:bss03@××××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 21 February 2007 17:53
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple Linux Router on a live CD?
6 >
7 > Hrm, I can't say there are many more rules here than on my
8 > other mailing
9 > lists, but there are a number of informal rules that are NOT
10 > laid out in
11 > any FAQ or welcome message. It would be helpful for at least
12 > some people
13 > if we would let them know about our 5 pillars: "Plain-Text Only", "No
14 > Top-Posting", "No Thread Hijacking", "Attachments Only By
15 > Request (and
16 > consider private mail)", and "Trim Quoted Material".
17
18 IMO it would be useful if all new mailing list subscribers were told these "5 pillars" when signing up. Makes for a happier mailing list overall.
22 djn
23
24 I do not represent anyone else in emails I send to this list.
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list