From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel ricing
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:58:25
2 > I see all you've done is specify -march; what does the build system
3 > build for without that setting?
6 Does your question imply that more may happen to the CFLAGs than them just
7 being passed to gcc? I have no idea, so just assumed gcc does whatever it
8 does when no -march is supplied, which i guess is just generic x86-64 stuff.
9
10 I figured that just -march=amdfam10 was a good start, since it implies MMX,
11 SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, 3DNow!, enhanced 3DNow! and ABM, but i may add the
12 rest of my make.conf CFLAGs since I dont have any issues with any other
13 software on this system. Is that fair reasoning?